Monday, April 13, 2009

Strawberry Pickin'






The last 2 Fridays Maggie and I went down to a local pick your own farm to get some strawberries. I first went with a couple of my girlfriends and then Mom, Becca, and Seth joined us this last week. We had fun picking strawberries and I have been slowing making homemade jam, fruit leather, and strawberry pie. I was able to help my friend Laci make her first batch a strawberry jam (without any mom assistance, mine or hers!). We made some delicious jalapeno-strawberry jam! yummy! Any way enjoy the pictures and maybe if you are lucky you may get a taste of the yummy jam!!

1 comment:

HollyDolly said...

first, what is fruit leather? is that like taffy or something? cuz i'm not sure i could be a fan of a food with the word "leather" in it.

second, i'm going to have to pass on the jalapeno-strawberry jelly. sounds too spicy for me! glad you had a great time . . . maybe i can take jared with you and mags one day?