Thursday, November 11, 2010

The best birthday present ever!!




Every year when it gets close to my mom's birthday, my dad always asks us girls what he should get for her. We are usually warned by our mother to let our dad figure it out for himself and to not tell him what he should get, but this year was an exception. Mom told me if dad asked then to tell him she want a "Silhouette" craft machine. It is pretty simliar to the Cricut, but you dont need cartridges and it hooks right up to your computer. So a couple weeks before Mom's birthday I got a phone call from Becca, she was on her other phone with Dad and he wanted to know what to get for mom (surprise). I relayed the request for a silhouette and the next week guess what mom got for her birthday? Today we finally got a chance to get it out and learn how to use it. It is super easy to use and I was able to get these super cute blocks done! I used a 2x4 and 2x6 cut into random heights, painted them and decopodged the cut letters onto them-super easy!! They sit nicely in my kitchen window!!





I know it wasnt MY birthday present, but I still think its the best present ever!!!!

3 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

Wow! You got this post up fast! I probably won't get my pictures on until Sunday. The blocks look great and they look right at home above your country sink.

Amanda said...

Cute blocks, way to be crafty. What are the orange things drying on the counter? Another craft project per chance?

DNAgallows said...

Neat machine! You did a nice job.

I need to get your email so I can invite you to my blog.