Friday, May 20, 2011

A new front door

One of the items on my list for the year was to get a new front door. The door that came with the house was ok, but not really my taste. The wood trim on the outside was all rotten and I was not a fan of the dark wood. Actually I think it was pretty darn ugly! Dont you agree?


I ordered exactly what I wanted- a solid 6 paneled door with 2 full sidelights-nothing over the top fancy, but classic and nice. I really wanted a red door, but was not willing to pay an extra $800 for the door company to paint it. I have a beautiful red color picked out-its just finding the time to get it painted! Yikes that is a challenge! Here is the before again:


Here is the during:




And the after (minus the red paint):

2 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

The new door looks great. You will really appreciate it come winter time and there aren't any wisps of cold air seeping in around it.

Woolverton Girl said...

Turned out really nice! We put a new door in our house probably 8 years ago and have never painted it. Nice, huh? It only came with primer on it.. & we still haven't gotten around to putting paint on it :)