Thursday, April 12, 2012

Why is this thing not up to date?

It may appear to many that I am not very good at keeping my blog up to date. I am trying my best to figure out why I just don't seem to be able to do it.

My first thought is technology. Usually technology is a great thing; however, since my husband broke my oh so precious apple laptop-technology is not a great thing. I am stuck using a pc laptop (boo!), which I am grateful for don't get me wrong, but it is not at all my first choice! We also don't have wireless internet, well technically we do but we cant use it. We have a wireless modem, but we don't know the password nor do we know how to reset the dang thing. Also the laptop requires an external "thing" to get wireless. The first one we had, of course broke, cause what is more fascinating to a couple of toddlers than a shiny thing with lights on it sticking out from the side of the computer!? The second one we got, well I downloaded the software and thought I had it all set up, but when I tried to use the wireless-it just didn't work! Who knows!!

Secondly, the camera situation. When Gerson bought his latest car, we found an awesome camera stuck under one of the seats. It works great and it way better than the one we had, which had started to only half way open the shutter; however, in order to download the pictures from my good camera onto fantastic laptop, I have to move the card from the good camera to the not so good camera and cross my fingers that it will actually turn on and load the pictures. Who wants to deal with that on a regular basis?

Third, I feel that I am one of the most unorganized people ever!!!! I would love to have a set time every week where i get to sit down and document my life and memories, but that just doesn't seem to be possible. Maybe because I am a busy mom of 2 energetic girls who works part time and is very busy with being Relief Society President at church. So instead of spending my "extra time" on the computer, we are at the park or going to soccer practice or playgroup or working in the yard or visiting family or at work or at a meeting or at a school function or when I do try to sit down, all craziness happens. These 4 paragraphs would have probably taken a normal person about 5 minutes to write, but I have been at this for about 20 minutes, interrupted several times by 2 girls, a husband, and a dog: arguments and crying because they want to watch different shows, crying fits because one can't get her button undone to change her clothes-for the 4th time today, needing to go potty (dog and girls), where's the mail?, what's for dinner?, where's my soccer shorts?, daddy scared me...

With all that being said,to anyone who may actually read this thing, patience is appreciated as I am busy living my life and as I try to share it with you.

Despite the tone of this post I must say I am truly blessed with a kind husband, 2 beautiful & healthy girls, an awesome extended family who I get to see often, a good education & career, many opportunities to serve and help others, technology that really is useful, but most of all, I am blessed with more great memories and happy moments that I could ever be able to share here!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can totally relate to the tech problems. The only reason I am able to do anything on the computer is because Casey is a GENIUS and his abundance of techy smarts makes it pretty much idiot proof for me. Thanks for the update (I know it can be a daunting task).

Rachel Holloway said...

You always amaze me with all you handle and the responsibility you take on!If there is ever anything I can do to help lighten that load, please share! I WANT TO HELP!

And let me come take a look at your camera situation. You should be able to just upload from your new (and awesomely FOUND) camera! I can take a look and help you figure it out!

Aaron and Kimberly said...

Sounds like a pretty normal life to me! Miss you!