Friday, June 11, 2010

Progress!!

The last few months have been spent getting settled in and fixin up our fixer upper!! Before we moved in, my brothers and dad (but mostly scott) laid floor in the 2 living areas and we did ALOT of painting!! We had a hard time trying to fill this big ol' house with what we had so I got to do alittle furniture shopping! The family room is almost done. I am trying to figure out a few more things to put up on the walls and decorative touches, but we are very close to done. I found some fabric that I loved and made the curtains, pillows for the couch and floor cushions for the girls.

FAMILY ROOM BEFORE:



FAMILY ROOM AFTER:






The kitchen started out as partially mint green walls and tiled floor, which didnt really got with the wall color. The tile was nice and already done so we didnt mess with that. My husband has been asking me and asking me for a red room or an orange room. Lucky for him, I found a gallon of valspar paint in lovely orange for 5 bucks!!! We pick white cabinets and butcher block counter tops to go with our "Rustic/mexican" themed kitchen. MY favorite is the farm house sink. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT. We still had some trim work and filler pieces to put in, plus lightning and maybe an island. Any suggestions?

KITCHEN BEFORE:


KITCHEN AFTER:





3 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

You guys are starting to leave you mark on the place. Isn't it starting to really feel like home now? I knew it was the first time Maggie called it "my house" and not "my new house". Great work you guys!

Sarah Harward said...

Oh I LOVE you kitchen! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! How fun for you guys (and a lot of work!) Keep updating your blog! I love to read it!

Aaron and Kimberly said...

Leslie! It looks amazing! I wish wish wish I was there to see it in person and celebrate some girls' days with you! Miss ya tons!