Monday, July 12, 2010

paradise



Gerson and I just returned home from a wonderful vacation to Puerto Rico. We left the girls here at home with Aunt B and mom & dad. It was beautiful and super relaxing! The pictures don't do it justice!! Our room had a balcony and I went out and sunbathed every morning and listened to the waves!



Old San Juan is full of culture and beauty! There are two old forts, lots of statues and monuments, the old city wall and one of the gates is still intact, and lots of color!!!




We did lots of walking!! We rented bikes one day and did alot of riding around seeing awesome sights and feeling the breeze off the ocean. We stopped when we got hot and jumped in the water to cool off. I survived the bike riding with only one close call to being hit by a bunch of cars, but luckily they stopped and let me pass (probably because they saw my husband leaving me behind). Other than that I just had a really sore butt!!! Not used to sitting on a bike all day!!



I was adventurous and ate lots of purto rican and carribean food. It was good, but I could only handle so much deep fried balls of meat! Gerson thoroughly enjoyed every last bit of food on both our plates!!!



While we were there there was a culinary festival going on with lots of food, vendors and music! And the last night we went to a festival celebrating the culture through music, dance and art. We had a great time and enjoyed it all. I wish I could post all the pictures but there is too many!!




The best part of the trip? Getting home to my beautiful girls!!!








3 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

I am so glad your vacation was wonderful. The dresses you got the girls are sooo pretty.

Aaron and Kimberly said...

Vacation! I'm so jealous! Maybe someday I'll get to do that too! Glad you had a great time!

Amanda said...

I love the picture where you guys are sitting on that wall. You look so beautiful, and the city looks beautiful too...I want a vacation:)