Thursday, July 2, 2009

Introducing Sophie Lyn




Monday June 29th was a wonderful day. Our little sophie has finally made her way here! The doctor scheduled me to go in Monday to induce Sophie, my blood pressure starting getting alittle high and we had safely made it to our 39th week, I was totally ok with inducing! The process went very quickly. I was checked in and hooked up to the medicine by noon. The doctor came by about 1 and attempted to break my water, but didnt get all the layers (apparetntly there is more the one, i dont really know). The contractions atrating getting pretty strong shortly after that and all we could do was wait. Mom and becca had come and we were all just hanging out waiting. Around 330 the nurse checked my progress and said I was dialated to about a 6,but it was hard to tell for sure because my water still had not broke and was kind of in the way. Everyone was getting hungry and so I sent mom and becca to go get something to eat, G had brought some snakc and lunch with him. About 10 minutes after mom and beeca left, my water broke! I told the nurse and guess what-it was dialated to a 10 and sophie was ready to come. We had to hurry and call mom and becca and the doctor and Sophies was born by 430. She was 7 lbs 12 oz and 18.5inches long. She has lots of dark hair and is a joy! Maggie is dind pretty good with her new role as big sister, but we have lots to work on and need to find our groove/routine. G is home till next tuesday, which is great and i am making sure he stays busy and i get a little time to relax!! Here are a few pictures, I will definately be posting more along the way. The last picture is G as we were driving to the hospital, I think he was a bit nervous, but he played it very cool and did a great job during the while process!! We are so happy and blessed to have our family growing and hope you all get to meet Sophie soon!!

3 comments:

Woolverton Girl said...

She is just perfect! Great pictures. Congratulations to you all!!!

Searls Stuff said...

I think Maggie is doing a great job as a big sister. We love you all.

Aaron and Kimberly said...

Congratulations! Sophie is beautiful! I'm sure Maggie will be a great big sister. Take care of youselves. Hope to meet Miss Sophie soon. Love, Aaron, Kim & Clara :)