Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!!

Warning: this is a wordy post with limited and mostly unrelated pictures-forgive me and bear with me!!

Another year has come and gone and it is the time of year to make our resolutions. Every year they tend to be about the same and I think most people have very similar resolutions. I usually resolve to get organized and to get healthier. Both of those are on my list for this year, but I already got a headstart!
I spent most of last week and weekend purging and organzing my house! The upstairs tends to be neglected most of the time. I had BOXES of baby clothes in the attic and the guest bedroom closet was full of my brother's belongings. We were swimming in toys and clutter! I am happy to say that everyting has been reduced and we dropped off bags and boxes of things at goodwill and a big pile a crap was just picked up by our local trash collector. I have a box of baby clothes to give to a family at church and then some clothes to sell on ebay( which I have seperated into lots and picked up some boxes at the post office this morning!)!! Can I tell you how much better I feel and how much more pleasant it is to walk into my kids rooms and not feel like I am walking into an overwhelming mess?!?! Awesome!! I really wish I would have gotten a picture of the mountain of clothes in the floor, but I didnt!


Getting healthier is never fun! As I told my grandpa last week-its sure is a whole lot more fun to get fat then it is to get skinny!!! But I am proud to announce that I am well on my way to a new healthier me! Since the birth of Sophie Lyn I have lost 40 lbs!! Holy Crap! Thats a big number! but the sad part is that I have 30to 35 more to lose to get to my goal weight; however, I do feel good about my progress and am excited about losing the rest. My grandpa gave me a great compliment last week and said I was "starting to look like Leslie again".


Other resolutions include keeping this thing updated. I am going to try to take my mother's perspective and look at this like a journal. Along with this goes the resolution to take more pictures of my beautiful family .I have 2 unpublished posts waiting for me to add pictures-that is my goal this week, but I do resolve to do better and try for a PUBLISHED post per week.

Lastly, my house!
It has come along way and I love our home. But we still have alot to do. I hope to finished the kitchen, entry way (paint and molding), and add much needed curb appeal (new front door, plants, shutters, paint, etc). I have 12 months to get this accomplished-I need to remind myself of that cause otherwise I tend to want to get it all done NOW!

I could go on and on with goals and resolutions, but dont want to get overwhelmed and then not do anything! I wish you all luck and hope for success on your New Year's Resolutions!!!

2 comments:

Searls Stuff said...

Wishing you much success with the resolutions. You have made enough for 2 people so I don't have to make any!

Kathy said...

Just grateful for the blogging resolution. I love reading about your family and feeling like I am keeping up some.