Sunday, January 23, 2011

A new decade!


I had the opportuninty to celebrate my 30th birthday this weekend! Its funny that I used to think 30 was old!! How silly! 30 is the new 20! My husband took part of Friday off and thanks to an awesome uncle watching the girls, we go to spend some adult time together. We went down to my most favorite store, Ikea. We actually got to spend time walking through the store at a leisurely pace and I got to pick out a light fixture for my kitchen! Yeah!!!

For dinner, one of my friends gave me a gift certificate type thing for an amzaing resturant in Austin, Hudson's on the Bend. The atmosphere was wonderful with mood lighting and modern art displayed (one painting of a tricycle was for sale for $2500.00, incase anyone is interested!). The food was delicious and there was not a child in sight!! Gerson and I had a wonderful time enjoying each others company and had great conversation while feasting on an amazing 3 course meal. It was a great night!


Saturday, I enjoyed some girls time and wnet to a local craft show with a couple of girl friends. We then enjoyed a yummy lunch and some afternoon shopping. It was a fun time and I think it would only have been better if I had gotten a pedicure!!!

While I was celebrating the start of a new decade, I was thinking of the last 10 years and all the accomplishments and memories I have collected. I thought I would share a few of my favorites. I have been extremely blessed with a beautiful family and the opportunity to receive 2 degrees.

I received 2 diplomas from the University of North Texas, my bachelors and my masters degrees. I chose not to attend my hight school graduation, but I sure did go to both of my college graduations!!


I met and married the love of my life, 3 times! I say that jokingly, but its mostly true. February 22, 2008, Gerson and I went to the justice of the peace and were lawfully married. It was just us and Maggie (plus a friend to keep control of maggie and take a few pics) and it was a sweet occasion.


April 19 2008, we had our ring ceremony and reception for our family and friends. It was quite a party with a live mariachi band!

In April 2009, we were sealed together for all eternity in the Dallas Temple.


I gave birth to two beautiful little girls!! They are a joy and a miracle!

Maggie was born December 20 2006, she just celebrated her 4th birthday. She is a beautiful, stubborn, smart little girl-she is a lot like me!!


Sophie was born June 29, 2009 and will be turning 2 soon. She is talking so much and is so sweet-sounds alittle like me too!

I would say those are some pretty amazing accomplishments!! I cant wait to see what the next 10 years hold for me!

1 comment:

Searls Stuff said...

Ten years smarter; ten years sweeter; and ten years more beautiful.